Wednesday, December 9, 2009

They just might break my heart...

This will be a quick post...

I just wanted to comment a little on the Tiger's decision to trade away Curtis Granderson and Edwin Jackson.

First... CRAP... looks like we're priming to rebuild instead of take the bull by the horns.

Second, I really enjoyed Curtis in center and Edwin when he threw. I am a little annoyed by the clubs ability to trade them, particularly Curtis to the Yankees. That's not a good fit for him.

Well, actually for him it probably is a good fit, but I really didn't want to see him in pin stripes. He'll be protected in that lineup and will probably help the Yank's a great deal.

Edwin on the other hand was just beginning to show us what he could do. He had a power fastball and an excellent slider. I was most looking forward to his performance next season. I really believed that he had the ability to be "Cy" quality. Now he'll probably collect hardware with the D-backs. UGH!

On the the other side of the coin, the Tiger's were able to net "prospects" WHOOPTY! I grow weary of the MLB's crowning of blue chip prospects. Much like the NFL teams decision to hand out the BUCK's to college kid's to go pro, SILLY. So now we've got a few guys that are "can't miss prospects" for two guys that have proven they can get it done at the big leagues. That's trash.

Now understand, I will eat my words if the Tiger's steal the pennant in '10. I guess what I am saying is that I wanted to see them do it with the two they lost over the four they gained.

At any rate, the Tiger's never called and asked my opinion so I guess I'll buck up and pray that we just landed a superstar! Bye fellas... hello new guys!

No comments: