Monday, October 12, 2009

So I'm all about Safety... but this is a little silly

So I left for work today (around 8) knowing that it was a professional day, that means that there is no school for students, but it is a required day of work for certified staff.

Usually on these days I get done everything undone and spend a few hours relaxing. Today I had a lot of items on my plate that needed attention. So basically get them done right away and then relax for a bit and then head home... say around... 2...err.... 3:30!

Today however I realized I was going to be at work a little longer than I wanted. A 3:30 IEP kept me know that I would be around town till 4:30 or 5:00. That's not a lot of fun, but a part of the job, so not a big deal!

It wasn't until about 11:00 that I realized that not only did I have an IEP at 3:30 but that I had First Aid and CPR training at 6:00 until around 9:00... not cool! Oh well. There's nothing like making sure that your up to date on being safe.

Now understand I wouldn't call myself a guru of safety, but I also understand that safety often requires people to think clearly and precisely. After all I had a FA and CPR class from this guy while in college... so basically what's out there that I don't know?!

Anyways... I show up tonight right at 6:00 pretty much ready to watch a boring video reviewing ABC (Airway, Breathing, Circulation) to find that the instructor fiddling with the projector and the VCR equipment. Basically projectors are a fairly easy item to understand, and my dad can operate a VCR... so c'mon man! Get it together!

After sitting back for about 15 minutes I finally decided there was no chance that they would figure it out by themselves... so I smoothly strolled (ok so at this point I look like a nerd) up to the front and say nothing. I reached over and turned off everything. Wow... the look I got. I then turned it all back on, hit three buttons and went back and sat down... and it all started up like it was supposed to... wow... guess that would make me a real stud/nerd!

Anyways, as the videos started it didn't take me long to realize that I was watching the same video I've seen at least 2-3 other times. WOW. Red Cross... do something about that please!

I played the game for about 45 minutes and then was frustrated enough that I decided to fake family illness just to bounce... SERIOUSLY... I know that's sad... but I just don't get kicks over that silliness. I know that's pretty pathetic... but now I'm home and enjoying the kids before they head to bed! That isn't silliness!

Wow... life has really changed since I left TBC!

No comments: