Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How could the Central come down to this?

Oh man, am I ticked.

The Tigers were owners of a seven game lead in early September... now it will take 163 games to determine the champ. The Tigers haven't had this kind of success since the 80's. I was really looking forward to coasting into the play offs.

I haven't decided what really makes me mad... is it the fact that I predicted this scenario? Or is it the fact that I know so many stupid Twins fans? Either way, I'm mad!

I'm looking for something/someone to blame. Right now Miguel Cabrera is my target. I'm ticked that a night of drinking was more important for one of our biggest stars than the millions of fans that have been waiting patiently on this organization FOR YEARS. Dang fight with your wife after the World Series like everyone else does. Or just don't fight with your wife and just get ticked at White Sox pitching.

My wife has quickly become a skilled Tigers fan. She's sat patiently next to me this season, cheering triumphs and in the last month she's pleaded with the TV for our team to have some success. All of what used to be a Twin's fan in Samantha has long been destroyed. I think she took a lesson from Abe and decided that "a house divided cannot stand." Unfortunately we've both been in a foul mood since this latest disgrace to a great organization.

We both made predictions... I can't believe that we're not settling with our team.

Samantha: Twins 3, Tigers 2
Brandon: Twins 6, Tigers 5

Now we could both be wrong and it could be a big time blow out. I hope not. Man I hate that stupid dome! I may spend the next few hours allowing God to hear my feeble prayers about sports.

1 comment:

MKR said...

Miguel Cabrera? What abou the TERRORISTS?!?