Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Chili Cook-off Gone Terribly Wrong

Yesterday was a day I won't soon forget... or feel!

Around noon, Samantha, the kids, and I headed into town to catch up with mom and dad and head to the Camplex (A big events area that features a couple big facilities for almost daily events) for the annual Chili Cook-off.

I've never been to a chili cook-off so I was a little excited to check it out and try some good chili! I guess I never really understood that there could be so many different types of chili and even green chili... which about everyone I tried was excellent!

Anyways entering into the facility was a steep $8 a head... but heck why not!

Next we were met with a wall of people... I MEAN A WALL!

This was the beginning of my issues with the event... instead of being held in the Wyoming Center, which is a massive building built just a few years ago, they held the event in the central pavilion, which is just a long pole barn! And not nearly big enough for this type of event.

So we were met with a mass of people. It was tough trying to navigate two strollers and all stay close in the environment. It was basically standing room only!

The chili was pretty creative... although I don't think I want to know what was put in a couple of them... although I sure feel it today!

Overall, it wasn't a bad deal, just to crowded to have kids in the mix! Here's a few pictures of the kids from the last few weeks!

Face painting and Hair doo night!


Cutting cookies!

Floating in the tub!

No comments: