Monday, January 10, 2011

Pulling for Les Miles at U-M

Thank goodness the Rich Rodriguez era is over at Michigan.

There is now a chance that I will be watching Michigan football in 2011. Due to Rodriguez at Michigan I had a but given up on the program. Rodriguez rewarded Blue and Gold fans by basically sinking the program. A program that is now in my opinion full of thugs and arrogance. On top of bringing the NCAA down on the school.

Right now I am hopeful that Michigan makes a wise move.

#1 Les Miles. This is the guy that they should have made it impossible not to come to the program in 2008. They should have given him a great contract and then paid off LSU. Instead, they went in "another" (poorer) direction.

#2 Mike Leach. Think about this a wizard it a big school. The guy is intense and an offensive brain. He'd be a little less expensive (than Miles) which enables them to go out an grab a ridiculously good defensive coordinator... maybe one equally intense. Leach has a lot to prove after the Texas Tech fiasco. Him at a big school like Michigan would be very interesting. I doubt the booster's would fund his hiring though!

#3 Nobody. If you can't get those two then just foget-about-it. Call er' quits. Nah, I'm not sure about my #3 would be Ron English, the former Defensive Coordinator at Michigan under Lloyd Carr. English is going into his 3rd year at Eastern Michigan. It's been a train wreck (2-22) but I like the mentality. He's recognized the program is horrible so he's going ground up, starting over. "If they don't like it, then fire me" approach. He's been a little bit of a fire brand there. Michigan is at the end of a 3 year fiasco, they need rebuilt. I believed he should have been a candidate then and should be now as well.

Either way I hope they don't go for a low tier D-1 Coach that doesn't have proven success.

No comments: