Saturday, January 22, 2011

Forced SCHOOL work.

There are fewer things in this world than I enjoy less than typing an assignment. At Trinity Bible College I was perhaps the most annoyed when a professor put 324 stipulations on a paper. I was pretty certain that there was no way that I could complete an assignment under limitations. I did however survive.

The next part of my schooling has been far worse. The last two years I've been required to become very detailed with the work that I present. The last portion of this degree is much worse.

I should preface this by saying that I currently am finishing hour 7 in a classroom today... with 2 hours remaining.

At any rate I am currently working on my portfolio which requires 7 or so standards with 4-7 rationale for each standard. Everything is required to be specific. On one hand you type the information, yet it's not entirely your information. UGH. My first attempt was deleted quickly... I mean I let my advisor read the work (which I thought was creative) and he immediately drug my mouse over about 50 minutes of work and hit the awful button known as "backspace" the one that has this: <--------------- under it. Then he added "Start over" to help my confidence.

There were a few other words of wisdom that he said, but I still don't entirely understand them. Apparently I need to figure them out in the next 131 minutes as I am told that I'm not leaving until our first rationale is done. Heck I'm still discovering what "rationale" means. Ugh oh, he just got up from his desk... I feel like a college freshman goofing around on his computer in the middle of class. Better run.

No comments: