Sunday, June 13, 2010

I ain't no chicken...

Another helpless deal as a parent.

We're currently about 7 hours from home in Central Montana and my son Tristan isn't feeling very well.

It all started with Samantha noticing a couple spots that looked similar to rash, several turned into several more which compounded exponentially.

As you can imagine, bunches of red dots lead to only one thing... chicken pox. Tristan is now covered in them. Poor little body.

Aundrea is most sure to follow in the next week or so. Great.

Currently I sit in Lewistown, Montana with Samantha and the kids and my whole baseball team. We're currently part of a tournament of six teams.

So there isn't much comfort for Tristan and all's he can do is be miserable. We're dumping Benadryl down his throat and dabbed his spots with calomine lotion to ease some of the itching.

Samantha has been masterful at creating the best environment for him as she can. She's just done so well at understanding that I have 15 guys and a schedule to be responsible for and she's stepped in perfectly.

It's been a lot of fun having them here with me. I was dredding that they wouldn't be able to come. They've even riden on the bus which has been nice for us to have 13-14 hours additional bonding.

My guys are now 2-0 at the tourney and 16-10 overall, including a six game winning streak. We have 2 very tough games left to at least get piece of the the championship. We're also very tired. I'll be up in about 4 hours, the guys will be up soon after and they'll play at 8 am and 10:30 tomorrow. I better head to bed.

No comments: