Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We're ALL in trouble now...

Kids! Aren't they great! Mine seem to be almost obsessed with the "bike" as I am. Aundrea always wants to be in the garage while I tinker with the bike, Tristan has quickly learned the word bike, and they both love to go for rides! Tristan climbed on yesterday and decided he was going to give me the ride! Maybe in a few more years!

In further motorcycle news, I now have an official (temporary) license. WOW. Probably one of the top 3 accomplishments in my life! Or maybe not!

The test itself was surprisingly difficult. I have really agonized over this stupid Wyoming Department of Transportation test for way to long! I stopped in a few weeks ago and picked up a book and to check on a class that I could take. The class ended up being 8 Saturday's and isn't offered again until the spring, so that was out of the picture. The book however was free! The biggest problem was getting me to open the book. So, in traditional style I strolled in today and took the test without studying! This was a usual for me in my first year or so (and maybe a little longer) at TBC! For whatever reason this test just gave me a VERY bad feeling. Needless to say it was 25 questions of agony. I could only miss five questions and conveniently I ended with an 80%... you do the math!

So now I am temporarily licensed to drive the bike around. Temporary means that in 10-90 days I need to go back and do a skills test. FUN.

The bike is indeed ready to ride! I recently made some adjustments to the rear spring, rear shock, the clutch cable, and did even more cleaning. I am having an issue with a sticky throttle. I did a few things tonight, under Aundrea's supervision, but decided that it must be either a little gunk in the carb or a kink in one of the throttle cables.

Tomorrow I'll take it to work and hopefully return!


This is what my KLR looks like at 90!
It's really not a bright idea to ride a bike with knobby tires this fast, but dad had to run his mouth!... he's somewhere behind me sucking fumes!

No comments: