Saturday, September 12, 2009

A trip around the block!

So dad finally brought his bike out to our place. There's a high today of about 62 degrees, so it is kind of chilly outside. Apparently he was a little chilled bringing it out. Dad's bike looks older than 4 years, mainly due to poor storage by the previous owner, but not helped by a drunk individual at their apartment building.

This was the event I referred to in my last blog.

While dad and I were picking up my bike last weekend a guy got ticked at his wife and proceeded to chuck beer bottles at dad's bike and another guys bike. He then tipped them and proceeded to kick both bikes, causing as much damage as humanly possible with a boot. Dad's damage estimate is between $2600-$2900. The other guys was even higher. Stupidity.

So back to the story of today. Mom and Dad came out. Dad on the bike, mom following behind in the car.

Once he got out we headed out for a ride of our own.


Last weekend I discovered that Black and Yellow road (which is actually kind of appropriate) goes in a giant loop starting and ending on highway 50 about 10 miles apart. I've rode the loop 2-3 times in the last week. It's about 30 miles total length and is very enjoyable. There are a great deal of antelope and mule deer in the area and it is the perfect opportunity for me to practice.

The trip was enjoyable but I wish that my helmet would have come in the mail yesterday. We rode through some rain and sprinkles that sting against bare skin.


The new jacket was a great pick up. I zipped all the vents closed and was pleased with the warmth it provided. It was a fun trip!

Dad on his pink bike... he's just missing the streamers!

Is there any wonder why Samantha married this guy?

Well two posts in two days. That's way to many for me.

1 comment:

MKR said...

Hey, tell your dad to get a My Little Pony decal for his bike. That would be sweet!