Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Maid Marion

Last night Samantha had a dream.

It's not often my wife dreams, due to the the needs of all three of our children, and perhaps a little bit due to the needs of her husband.

Usually when she dreams its about the needs of her three children and perhaps the needs of her husband.

Last night was a special night for my dear Samantha, she was able to "dream a dream" that offer's her hope for the future, a dream that put her spirits at perhaps the highest point she has been in weeks.

I put it all thanks to one movie, Robin Hood! No not Russel Crowe's version, or even Kevin Costner's portrayal (although it's a toss up as to which of these cinematic masterpieces is the best). Samantha instead grew her inspiration from Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Yes, tights. It's a spoof on Costner's portrayal with a variety of other movies mixed in, some I recognize some I do not.

If you've not seen this piece of work, don't run out to the local red box, you will not find it. In fact my hope is that slowly all copies of this movie are slowly and systematically being destroyed. Unfortunately Starzz Network has not yet lost it's copy.

Samantha stumbled upon the channel that was carrying the movie. Unfortunately. I can remember when the movie came out on video and seeing it at "Bob's Market House" in Hudson, Michigan. Fortunately my mother had the good sense of not renting it. Samantha's good sense departed about six years ago.

Anyways, back to the story. She had a dream, apparently she was the Maid Marion and Matthew McConaughey played Robin Hood. I don't want anymore details.

No comments: