Monday, September 13, 2010

A New Roof

What a long, long week and a half!

We moved to Gillette, Wyoming (or Wynoming according to Aundie) on December 15, 2008. We're approaching the two year mark rapidly! We actually lived only about 5 miles North Savageton, Wyoming and 28 miles South of Gillette.

Savageton is complete with about 2-3 houses and a Bar. Making Gillette our postal residence.

We've found in the last 21 months that we enjoyed the quietness of our country home. The house/duplex itself was quite small. It was basically big enough for us and not much else! All the same the rent was reasonable, and I was handling the daily commute. What I didn't enjoy was getting home after 10 on some nights having left at before 6 that morning.

With that in mind and the number of trips we make into town on a weekly basis, Samantha and I began to look for a place in town about 2-3 months ago.

Gillette is pretty tricky. Your going to pay a bit more than you want to, but your ultimately not going to get the Ritz. For us, our budget was about $1000/month. I know, seems unreasonable, and yes you can buy a house for less than that per month, but you better know your staying in the area for a few years.

We toured a couple homes. Called on probably close to 100. Either to much or a home that I wouldn't allow the dogs to live in, let alone my wife and kids.

Eventually I shifted my focus from house to apartments. I had been adament that we will NOT live in an apartment ever again. I did it once in Ellendale and found the experience to not be overly excitting. However in Gillette it didn't appear that I had many options.

We basically settled on a three bedroom on the North side of town. The complex is fairly new and provided close access for school and about a 5 minute walk to the baseball field. Both were pretty appealing.

We're paying under budget which was another plus.

The most challenging part was actually packing and getting moved in.

I hate moving.

Anyways, we started on Labor day and are complete as of about 1:30 AM this morning. We have just a few items that we need a place for, but overall we feel confident that we're pretty much ready to weather the next storm.

The next storm of course is a new baby Strong.

We're scheduled for a c-section on Friday. I once thought that we'd see the baby before then, but I think this one is going to hold out on us!

We're both pretty confident we have a little girl on the way. We hope anyways! We've had the girl name set for 2-3 months and we're still back and forth on the boys name.

So at any rate, by Friday we will be parents for the third time. Odd for me to comprehend that.

No comments: