Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bachelorhood

Ah... life on my own. No wife and kids to worry about... the house is mine to roam naked and the cupboards are at my disposal.

Ok so that's just not true, but I can wish right?

Samantha, Aundrea, and Tristan picked up my mom on Thursday to head back to Minnesota for Jake's (Samantha's middle brother) graduation festivities. I firmly believed that it would be a good little break for me.

Maybe a chance to catch up on my sleep, do a project or two, you know, just relax!

I wish. I'm entering my third week of being sick. Between Thursday and Friday it's intensified dramatically. Tonight I coughed so much I feel more like vomiting not to mention the migraine I now have.

Baseball has really been a big part of my life. Not that it has been a bad thing, just demanding of my time. I've had a game Friday, two on Saturday, one tonight, and then two more in Torrington tomorrow. Part to blame is that I was with our varsity Friday and today, which hasn't really given me a chance to rest.

Up again in 5 hours to head back to town.

My guys are now 8-6 on the season. We're improving. Tough stretch ahead as we play 10 games in about 6 days then head into a tournament in Northern Montana. It will be important for me to balance the days ahead for my team and for my own health.

The busy schedule has led to one nice item... I've been averaging a meal a day since Samantha left... I might be a little lighter now!

Looking forward to getting my wife and kids back, this isn't the lifestyle that I was meant to live!

No comments: