Monday, April 12, 2010

At least SOMEBODY can get it right.

I'm impressed... not to impressed, but impressed all the same.

This weekend the Pittsburgh Steelers, in making their team a little worse, made it a little better.

How? Bye, bye Santonio Holmes.

Although he has a great deal of athletic ability, and one of the most memorable catches in the Super Bowl his inability to lead a productive life meant the Steeler's sent him packing. And they did it for a mere 5th round pick.

It's nice to see pro teams expunge garbage.

It's interesting to see that the New York Jets picked him up. The teams that don't mind trash seem to go after trash. They're trash.

This is part of the reason why I've lost all hope in the Lion's. Besides just being bad for SO long and not seeming to want to get better, they've created a "Bad Boy" image that started with the Piston's. Draft and sign players with character. I can cheer for that.

Ultimately I'm no Steeler's fan, although I have a good friend that bleeds Steeler football they're just not my team. I'm interested to see what they do with Roethlisberger, I expect they may end up keeping him unless criminal charges enter the picture.

At any rate... good for one franchise by taking a stand!

No comments: